The project, valued at $450M, is a new building comprised of two production modules. The first module shall house one aseptic filling line with four lyophilizers, preparation, formulation, etc and the second module is fallow. There is a possibility that a further project will be commissioned to fit out the second module but there is no decision on that at this time. The project director is required to lead the existing project and shall be based full time on site in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Detailed design has completed, and the project is in the early stages of construction. As such, a candidate with client-side experience in construction and CQV on pharmaceutical projects of a similar scale is what is needed – ideally in the overall capital project lead role. A suitable candidate will be someone who has actually lead projects of this magnitude – persons who have had departmental or client-side accountability for similar investments but whom did not actually lead the day-to-day execution are unlikely to be suitable. The project director will join the Global Engineering Capital Team which is accountable for successful project delivery across Global Supply. The current scope is due to complete and hand over to operations at end Q3 2024. The person must be eligible to work in the US (We are unable to assist with visa, green card, etc).
- Manage project execution from design (concept, preliminary and detailed), selection and award of design & construction contracts, construction, commissioning & verification, operational readiness and project close out.
- Manage client-side teams and 3rd party A/E and construction management Providers in the execution of capital projects in the range $100M – $500M+.
- Roles will vary from project to project including overall project leadership of an entire project(s) to specific support to the project lead on multiple large projects in specific areas within the project(s), e.g. design management, commissioning & verification, etc.
- Provide Safety leadership within the capital project(s) that he/she leads, working collaboratively with EHS, to set expectations within the project delivery team(s), including 3rd party providers.
- Develop and implement robust and comprehensive project execution plans for his/her project(s).
- Define and develop cross-team roles, expectations and responsibilities.
- Develop and implement risk management plans on his/her project(s).
- Ensure project costs are tracked and manage project funding requests and project change order requests. Maintain up to date forecasts through all phases of the project.
- Working with client and contractor resources, create and maintain an integrated project schedule and resource demand throughout project.
- Provide day to day leadership of project teams to ensure progression of critical path and completion of all client and Contractor action items.
- Ensure resolution of project related issues and/or raise further discussion to the Project Steering Committee.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in Project Management covering all phases of project execution including design, construction, commissioning/verification and operational readiness. Experience in project delivery in the pharmaceutical or other highly regulated sector is a considerable advantage.
- Proven team leader with a demonstrated ability to effectively implement business strategies and adept at working collaboratively within all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years people management.
- Chartered member of professional institution
- PMP Certification
To apply contact Kevin Cronin on +353 87 651 4395 or email CVs to email@example.com