Project Controls Lead
I am partnered with a global pharmaceutical company in their search for an experienced Project/ Cost Controller to join their team in Cork. The Project Controller will manage and support the commercial and project controls functions within the projects team, including cost management and reporting.
This is a 2+ year contract position offering an excellent opportunity to grow within the client’s business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hour’s tracking including spent, planned, and forecast hours
- Progress / Earned Value measurement
- Change Control management and reporting
- Capital expenditure cost reporting
- Project risk management including use of data modelling software
- Assistance in the preparation of project progress reports
- Assessing commercial performance on projects and reporting on same e.g., reporting on revenue rates, cost rates, profit rates, forecast hours to go etc.
- Project Purchase Order management, where necessary
- Management of supplier payments
- Support project accruals and debtors’ management
- Project cash flow preparation and management
- Support commercial preparation of our project bid / tenders for services
- Data analytics to support project delivery and control
- Resource management and utilisation
- Supporting the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g., Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant post-graduate experience
- Track record of providing project commercial and financial oversight
- Strong communication and facilitation skills at all levels.
- Knowledge of best practice analytical concepts and reporting with emphasis on project revenue recognition, profit reporting, performance measurement and cost control
- Proven experience of implementing and documenting new processes and workflows
- Ability to build internal business relationships, to ensure that all business decisions are made in conjunction with sound financial and analytical appraisal
- Experience in working to tight deadlines with good attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including good MS Excel skills
- Preferably, experience of specific Project Controlling applications
- Previous experience of Agresso Business World would be an advantage