Operational Technology/ IT Engineer
Our multinational client is looking for a Operational Technology/ IT Engineer to join their world class site in Waterford. The aim of this role is to allow the site to have an OT representative who will ultimately be responsible for ensuring OT security related activities are completed in line with the OT security standards, guidance, processes and procedures. It is also to ensure the OT security tools are used correctly, and to ensure OT security awareness is promoted at the site. It also includes designing and implementing network architecture/firewall updates and additions.
This person will act as a Subject Matter Expert for the technology & processes related to the OT network and will ensure that good practices are embedded across the site, and make recommendations for improvements wherever they note them.
This is a 24 month contract position offering an excellent opportunity to grow within the client’s business and to play a pivotal role in a global project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the Manufacturing Automation Service [MAS] OT Security Team aiding in reviews, audits and any questions / queries with relation to OT security at the site.
- Fulfilling the OT security standard requirements at the site.
- Being the point of contact for the site in terms of OT security.
- Ensure that all projects and changes at the site comply with the company OT Security OT security standards, guidance, processes and procedures.
- Overseeing OT security related works at the site to ensure they comply with the company OT Security OT security standards, guidance, processes and procedures
- OT security risk management – Having an oversight of the risk matrix for the site with a view to help reduce risks to an acceptable level, and then maintain said level
- Support delivery of cyber security training to the site (provided by the MAS OT Security Team)
- Manage firewall changes, OT network design, network diagnostics, IP assignment, VLAN assignment, port allocations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences.
- 5+ years industrial automation or OT/IT engineering experience with several years in technical roles
- Would benefit from having exposure to IT/OT infrastructure and Cyber Security risk reduction
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interface with operational, capital projects and senior management within the organization
- In depth expert knowledge of diverse range of manufacturing automation systems
- High degree of familiarity with information technology and its use in industrial control systems, principally computer operating systems and Ethernet networking.
- Knowledge of network architecture drawings, firewalls and diagnosing issues using firewall tools.
- Knowledge of VM’s, VLAN’s and IP configuration
- Broad knowledge and practical experience of computer and application validation (preferably using GAMP methodology), cGMPs, and 21 CFR Part 11 in an FDA regulated environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices
- Capable of working in multi-disciplinary teams across engineering projects, new product introduction and technology projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Milestone Solutions is a dedicated consultancy providing industry solutions to the Life Sciences industry; for more information go to www.mile.ie
If you would like to discuss this opportunity or your career options in more detail, please contact Lisa Cooney on +353 83 337 1056 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org