- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of process manufacturing, field instrumentation, control system installation and implementation expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup. Plans and coordinates technical design and engineering implementation of project work.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for various industries.
- Develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for various plants, processes, and/or equipment.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications.
- Develop software and hardware design specifications.
- Design, write, implement, test and document PLC and HMI software.
- Develop control system validation/testing protocols.
- Specify and purchase process instrumentation.
- Specify and purchase PLCs, drives, and other electrical components and equipment.
- Develop electrical panel schematics.
- Develop scope of supply documents.
- Assist with estimates of man-hours required to complete projects.
- Manage automation projects as assigned.
- Monitor progress of projects.
- Install, test, and start-up control systems on-site.
- Train operators and engineers on control systems.
- Adherence to the Milestone Solutions QMS
Qualifications & Education
- Thorough knowledge of process instrumentation and control systems.
- Experience working with a variety of control systems including DDC, DCS and PLCs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and international standards.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems.
- Experience in commissioning and startup of control systems is required.
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators and management to manage projects and assignments is essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- Experience with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology.
- Experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational databases.
- Experience with Visual Basic scripting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in biotech/pharma, water, wastewater, medical device, or the food industry is required.
- Experience with Emerson Delta V DCS is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of cGMPs and batch process control in the life science industry with validation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements is a plus
To apply contact Lisa Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||OEM Engineer|