Exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to join a global Pharmaceutical company in Waterford. The successful candidate will be required to support challenging system automation and process control initiatives that require solid understanding of analytical problem solving techniques, operations, cybersecurity, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence.
This position requires an understanding and desire to advance the programming, configuration, and lifecycle management of manufacturing process controls, automation and field instrumentation technologies.
This is a contract position offering an excellent opportunity to grow within the client’s business on a 2+ year project.
- Develop and deploy process control applications utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA). Support of capital projects.
- Responsible for the application of automation engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process equipment and systems for capital projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Familiarity with industry standards for batch control systems, software development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part 11, and GAMP.
- Development of requirements, specifications, engineering documents, SOP and operating standards.
- Ownership and administration of process control automation in a regulated manufacturing setting.
- Engage in, and execute managed process change requests per established SOP and processes.
- Gather data and participate in technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and troubleshooting on process control issues related to electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Design and testing of newly installed and currently installed automation based process equipment.
- Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Apply standard process control methods and approaches to problem solving.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations
- B.S in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science engineering.
- Position requires a working knowledge of electronic batch records, PLC, and common field instrumentation technologies.
- Ability to create, update and read electrical design packages including URS, FS, SDS, HDS, IQ, OQ among other engineering and validation documentation.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems.
- Direct experience in automation, engineering, and troubleshooting with drug product unit operations such as high speed filling machines and vision inspection systems. Experience in drug substance operations is also relevant.
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators and management to manage projects and assignments is essential.
- Experience with control system networking technologies and PC networking technologies.
- Experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational databases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity or your career options in more detail, please contact
Hever Santiago on +353 83 382 8333 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org