- Reporting to the Automation Engineering Manager, this is a key role supporting the Site Automations systems including the manufacturing process equipment, manufacturing Network, BMS/EMS, SCADA, PLCs/HMIs and Factory data systems.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks to address factory automation obsolescence including equipment priority, project management to meet agreed schedules.
- Develop regulatory compliant data migration strategies.
- Install new HMI’s and associated HMI applications, where required implement PLC upgrades to support the factory automation obsolescence project.
- Work closely with the site vendor package equipment (VPE) suppliers to select appropriate obsolescence remediation options.
- Implementing code/systems changes on the automation systems under change management/change control as part of sustaining and capital projects.
- Develop automated system life cycle documents, including validation documents.
- Maintaining the validated state of the automation systems.
- Carrying out control system revalidation.
- Ensuring automation systems comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Developing recovery/backup solutions for equipment failures.
- Developing Archiving systems and procedures for all relevant production equipment.
- Supporting maintenance activities as required – including troubleshooting of high-speed packaging equipment and highly automated process equipment.
- Assist in training personnel on specific aspects of Automation Systems.
- Support to projects in terms of Specification, procurement, implementation and validation of automated systems and performance of Source Code Reviews.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing systems, including management of user access to GMP systems.
- Design and implement solutions across automation platforms in line with the site change control procedures.
- Support to disaster recovery process and execution of system back-ups at defined intervals.
- Collaborate with other business functions to understand how automation can improve workflow.
Qualifications & Education
- Passion for Manufacturing and operations support
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Industrial Automation and Control systems, or equivalent.
- Post-qualification experience in a similar role supporting industrial automated systems in a high-speed, high-volume regulated environment having a focus on factory automation systems obsolescence.
- Experience of system integration using Ethernet, ASi, Profibus & other industrial interfaces.
- Experience of working with vendor on obsolescence and system upgrade projects.
- Experience with SQL Server, Rockwell Factory Talk VantagePoint, drives and motion controllers.
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas:
- Control of software assets using Rockwell Factory Talk Asset Centre.
- Industrial controllers – Allen Bradley, Schneider Pac Drive, Siemens and B&R PLCs, IPCs, Zenon, Wonderware, WinCC and Allen Bradley HMIs & Mitsubishi Robotics.
- Industrial vision systems, preferably Cognex VisionPro and Insight Explorer.
- Acronis Backup and Restore Software.
- Kepware OPC configuration.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to work with various stakeholders of all levels and within multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and creative thinker to troubleshoot problems as they arise and find effective solutions.
- Organisational skills to map out projects, prioritize workload and keep accurate documentation.
- Understanding of automation system implementation and validation life cycle along with an understanding of the product quality impact of changes.
To apply contact Martin Lynch on 087-344 3581.
Email CVs to email@example.com