- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a key role supporting the Site Automations systems including the Manufacturing Network, BMS/EMS, SCADA and process equipment PLCs/IPCs/HMIs.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations support activities including problem solving, develop short- and long-term solutions for automation problems, validating computer equipment, maintaining current systems in a GMP state and creating/maintaining robust standard operating procedures for the systems.
- Support critical-to-manufacturing systems and ensure their high availability reducing or eliminating unplanned downtime.
- Assist in training personnel on specific aspects of Automation Systems.
- Support to projects in terms of Specification, procurement, implementation and validation of automated systems and performance of Source Code Reviews.
- Support to Quality Management System for incidents arising from automated systems and managing change to systems in compliance with all cGMP requirements.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing systems, including management of user access to GMP systems.
- Design and implement solutions across automation platforms in line with the site change control procedures.
- Support to disaster recovery process and execution of system back-ups at defined intervals.
- Work closely with Global/Corporate IT teams to ensure continued technical alignment and support for manufacturing systems.
- Collaborate with other business functions to understand how automation can improve workflow.
Qualifications & Education
- Passion for Manufacturing and operations support
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Industrial Automation and Control systems, or equivalent.
- Ideally 3+ years post-qualification experience in a similar role supporting industrial automated systems in a high-speed, high-volume regulated environment.
- Experience of system integration using Ethernet, ASi, Profibus & other industrial interfaces.
- Experience with SQL Server and OSIsoft Pi, Rockwell Factory Talk VantagePoint, drives and motion controllers.
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas:
- Design, implementation, maintenance and administration of networked systems integrated across Levels 1 to 4.
- Implementation of data harvesting and development of customised reporting using databases and data historian, preferably with experience of Rockwell products.
- Control of software assets using Rockwell Factory Talk Asset Centre.
- Industrial controllers – Allen Bradley, Schneider Pac Drive, Siemens and B&R PLCs, IPCs, Zenon, Wonderware, WinCC and Allen Bradley HMIs & Mitsubishi Robotics.
- Industrial vision systems, preferably Cognex VisionPro and Insight Explorer.
- Acronis Backup and Restore Software.
- Kepware OPC.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to work with various stakeholders of all levels and within multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and creative thinker to troubleshoot problems as they arise and find effective solutions
- Organisational skills to map out projects, prioritize workload and keep accurate documentation
- Understanding of automation system implementation and validation life cycle along with an understanding of the product quality impact of changes.
To apply contact Martin Lynch on 087-344 3581.
Email CVs to email@example.com